So if you haven’t heard the news already, our new printer has arrived and it is a big deal. Allow us to explain.
Some of you may remember the business cards and art prints we were able to print just a few years ago with our fine art printer (RIP). Sadly, due to the ink cartridges becoming really expensive and increasingly difficult to find, we’ve had to discontinue the use of that printer and make another plan.
Enter our new printing press—probably our most exciting piece of equipment yet. And it is much more than just another card printer. It means we can now do a whole bunch of stuff (some of which we couldn’t do before and some of which we could do, but it was much more expensive and took a long time to print).
Things we can now print include:
- Business cards
- Post cards & thank you cards
- Double-sided posters (up to A3)
- Swing tags
- Art prints (while it is not the same process as traditional giclée printing, we can print on fine art paper and the print quality is amazing, plus it is much more affordable than a giclée print)
Not only that, but it can print on just about any type of paper (which is the part that gets us really excited). That is because this machine is a digital printing press that uses a screen to transfer the ink to the paper (as opposed to the nozzles of an inkjet printer). So in short, you get the quality of traditional litho printing but with the speed and accuracy of a modern digital printer.
Some other cool features of our new machine:
- It can print double-sided on paper stocks of up to 360 gsm
- It’s super fast and requires minimal setup, so even though this machine is technically a printing press, small print runs are not an issue thanks to new technology
- It can copy and scan, which is great for making prints out of original artwork or photographs
So there you have it: The low-down on our new printer. If you want to know more, you can get in touch with us here or leave a comment below.
(Oh and we haven’t forgotten. You can download the solution to the crossword puzzle from the last post here.)